From 1password Agilebits store to Mac App Store

Hello,
I have bought 1password from Agilebits store (1 licence) and I would like to switch to the version from Mac App Store.
Would it be possible?
Best regards,
Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

When did you buy? There is a thirty-day refund period.

But why do you want to change? Apart from not needing to think about licencing, there's no good reason to switch, and some advantages (both to you and to AgileBits) in staying with the AgileBits version.

But if your purchase is recent, you should at least take a look at the subscription model. I think it is the best approach for new users. To compare the versions, see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @i_am_alex - Thank you for reaching out to us. It's actually the same exact app - there is no difference between the version we sell on our website and the version via the Mac App Store. Is there a reason you're looking to switch? Like @Danco mentioned, have you considered signing up for a 1Password.com account?

With our new 1Password.com accounts all of our apps are included even future paid upgrades since it's built into the monthly pricing. You can also access your 1Password data from any device via the web. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. We also fully encrypt your data for recovery purposes using a randomized Account Key in conjunction with your master password. If you add a new device to the mix, you just have to sign in using your account details and your data will already be there waiting for you - like magic! We include a 30 day free trial giving you chance to test drive all the features.

Let us know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help out.

• Hi, thank you for your answer. My company subscribe to 1password for team. So I just move my login from dropbox to 1password.com. Best, Alex

• FrankFrank

AgileBits Team Member

That's great news! @i_am_alex, keep us posted what you think of using 1Password Teams :+1: We would love to hear what you have to say and let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to assist.

This discussion has been closed.