Receiving "No response from server" error when attempting to download documents from 1P

I have stored SSL certificates in our 1P for teams account as "Documents". When I try to download one from the Mac app the process appears to hang with no feedback. On the iOS app a "No response from server" message appears after a period of time. If I try to access them from within the web interface on Safari for Mac I also get a "No response from server" message.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited February 2017

Hi @rhej70 - Sorry for any inconvenience. We're experiencing an issue right now with AWS which is why you're running into an issue downloading your documents. You can keep up-to-date here - https://1password.statuspage.io

Sorry again for the troubles and we're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

• rhej70
    rhej70
    Community Member

Thank you for the update.

• Anytime! Thank you for your patience :+1:

• rhej70
    rhej70
    Community Member

Unfortunately the problem is not fully fixed. I no longer get the "no response from server message" and I am able to download the file successfully from the web interface. However, from within the 1P app for Mac v6.6.2 (662004) the file appears to download as well, but when I choose "Reveal in Finder" nothing happens.

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Hi @rhej70 - When you download the document from 1Password on your Mac and click "show in finder" do you receive a pop-up window showing the downloaded document? You should also have an option "open with" and you should be able to select Preview to open and view the document as well. Keep me posted and let me know if this works for you.

• rhej70
    rhej70
    Community Member

I get the pop-up you attached, but my only options for "Open With" is Keychain presumably because the file is a .pem. Unfortunately Keychain mangles the file and looses the private key for some reason so I really need to be able to open it in a text editor or Preview.

If I select the "Show in Finder" option nothing happens.

• Hi @rhej70 - Quick question, are you experiencing this issue with any other documents? In the meantime, you should be able to download the document from the web app as a work around. But keep me posted if you're experiencing this issue with your other documents as well.

• rhej70
    rhej70
    Community Member

The "Show in Finder" functionality appears to be broken with all documents. The "Open with" works and provides additional options (including Preview) for documents with other extensions such as txt.

• rhej70
    rhej70
    Community Member

Sorry, I meant "pdf" not "txt" as the extension.

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Thank you for clarifying @rhej70, in the meantime, you should be able to download the documents via the web app as a work around. To get better understanding so I can share this information with our developers, can you send me over a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: OPM-4912

This discussion has been closed.