Lost master password for online account but not on mac

susank
susank
Community Member

I had to reset my phone and lost my 1password account on it. When I tried to restore, I discovered I needed to set up a "family" account. I did. I made my emergency sheet, but did not write my master password on it because I didn't notice that I need to. I thought I had my master password written down, but don't. My 1password on my mac works fine, but I cannot sign into my family account. Can I delete my family account and re-establish it using my mac desktop version?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Hi @susank! I'm sorry for the trouble, and the confusion about writing your Master Password in the Emergency Kit. We can help you delete the account and create it once more. Please email us at support@1password.com using the email you created the account with. Post back here when you've sent us a message and include the BitBot confirmation number you receive so we can connect the two threads and get back to you quickly. :)

• susank
    susank
    Community Member

I emailed you as requested. The bitbot confirmation number is #BNU-67135-143.

• Jacob
    edited October 2016

Thank you @susank. I see Sean has already replied, so we'll keep the conversation going there for now.

ref: BNU-67135-143

• susank
    susank
    Community Member

Thanks, guys. I'm all set now.

• No problem. :) Glad we got things sorted out.

• Chuck987
    Chuck987
    Community Member

I cannot sign into my online account so I can sync my Mac to my iPad and iPhone. I thought the master password was the same as my vault but I guess it isn't. Can I somehow reset the online master password?

• Hi Chuck987 - I noticed you posted a similar question under Accounts. I replied back to you over there so let's keep the conversation in one place so I can reply back to you quicker.

discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76636/how-do-i-post-a-question-and-receive-a-reply

Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.

This discussion has been closed.