ups.com login problem

Hi,

I've recently begun using UPS's services, requiring me to set up a UPS account. I'm having a problem logging into the site using 1P - 1P fills in the username (at least I think so; it dissapears after executing the login) but the screen never advances to the password screen; the username screen is just redisplayed without data. If I fill in the username screen manually and have 1P fill in the password screen, 1P works fine. The problem login screen is at https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/login

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    Hey Mike, I'm sorry for the trouble here. We just pushed out an update that I think might help you with this.

    Could you please try the new Beta release (3.7.1.BETA-2) and see if it fixes this problem? You can do this by going to the 1Password > Preferences window, selecting the Update panel, enable the "Include Beta versions" checkbox, and then click Check Now. Once the update is installed, try again and see if it helps. Please also be sure you are using at least version 3.7.b7 of the Safari extension.

    Let me know how it goes!
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    Hi khad,

    I just got beta-2 and tried the username autofill again, but it still doesn't work.

    I forgot to mention it in my first post that I'm using Firefox 5.0.1 (and I did restart Firefox after applying the 1P update).

    Mike
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Stu. I'll set the Autosubmit to Never for that entry until 1P gets that resolved.

    I usually run 2 browsers at the same time (Safari 5 and Firefox 5), so I can encounter problems under 1P with both (I love how the Safari extension works). However, Safari 5.1 broke some of the streaming code that Netflix uses, causing Netflix instant to continuously stutter. Because of this, I've been spending more of my time over with a real browser (haha) Firefox 5.

    Mike
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    They actually use Microsoft's Silverlight to do the streaming, which works loads better than flash (you know who you are Hulu) and handles the DRM just fine.

    I agree about flash. There's no way that both the cores in my 3.06 C2D should peak at over 90% when just playing an HD show in Hulu.
  • MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

    Team Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi Mike,

    I totally agree, I’m impressed with what Microsoft has done with Silverlight, especially after watching some live sport streams like NFL games on NBC site.

    I haven’t noticed any issues with Netflix’s Instant in Safari 5.1, it works great for me. I’m not sure why it would stutter for you when it doesn’t in Firefox. Maybe an extension is getting in the way.
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    MikeT wrote:

    I haven’t noticed any issues with Netflix’s Instant in Safari 5.1, it works great for me. I’m not sure why it would stutter for you when it doesn’t in Firefox. Maybe an extension is getting in the way.


    Mike,

    Before Safari 5.1, I exclusively used Safari for Netflix streaming, since the playback was much smoother than Firefox 5, which stuttered every few seconds. When I upgraded to Safari 5.1, the streaming immediately began stuttering. At first, I blamed Netflix, but I discovered later that the same streams played fine thru Firefox 5. I haven't upgraded Silverlight, so I know it's not that.
  • MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

    Team Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi Omen,

    Try updating silverlight: http://www.macupdate...623/silverlight

    It might help.
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    MikeT wrote:

    Hi Omen,

    Try updating silverlight: http://www.macupdate...623/silverlight

    It might help.


    Thanks for the link Mike, but I'm already at the latest version of Silverlight.

    Mike
  • BenBen AWS Team

    Team Member
    Omen wrote:

    Mike,

    Before Safari 5.1, I exclusively used Safari for Netflix streaming, since the playback was much smoother than Firefox 5, which stuttered every few seconds. When I upgraded to Safari 5.1, the streaming immediately began stuttering. At first, I blamed Netflix, but I discovered later that the same streams played fine thru Firefox 5. I haven't upgraded Silverlight, so I know it's not that.


    Omen,

    Please try temporarily disabling Safari extensions. Safari > Preferences > Extensions and flip the switch to OFF. See if that helps streaming performance.
    If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting Netflix.

    Thanks
    Ben
  • OmenOmen Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    bwoodruff wrote:

    Omen,

    Please try temporarily disabling Safari extensions. Safari > Preferences > Extensions and flip the switch to OFF. See if that helps streaming performance.
    If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting Netflix.

    Thanks
    Ben


    Hi Ben,

    Thanks for trying to help me, but the problem is something that Safari/Microsoft need to work out. The problem occurred right after I upgraded to Safari 5.1 . After trying to debug the problem myself (turning Extensions off, etc.), I contacted Netflix, who said that they have had other reports of video stuttering (looks like frames are missing and the video is smearing) with Safari 5.1, and they advised me to use Firefox. I've been using Firefox 5 since then without problems (initially Firefox 5 wouldn't run Silverlight in 64-bit, so when I first upgraded to Firefox 5, the Netflix streaming was horrendous).

    It's a shame, because I like Safari's speed and its page rendering is sometimes better than Firefox 5. But I'm in Firefox more and I tend to stay there, so now I don't even have Safari running in the background. I have 50/50 MBps fiber service, so my bandwidth is more than enough to handle anything those sites can throw at me. My gut feeling is that the buffering that Silverlight does before showing the movie is somehow turned off or absent due to a change in Safari 5.1, but it's hard to get Apple or Microsoft to come clean and let us poor users know that there's a problem. We're all left guessing and turning to crystal balls to figure out what's gone wrong :)

    Mike
  • MartySMartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Omen wrote:

    Hi Ben,

    Thanks for trying to help me, but the problem is something that Safari/Microsoft need to work out. The problem occurred right after I upgraded to Safari 5.1 . After trying to debug the problem myself (turning Extensions off, etc.), I contacted Netflix, who said that they have had other reports of video stuttering (looks like frames are missing and the video is smearing) with Safari 5.1, and they advised me to use Firefox. I've been using Firefox 5 since then without problems (initially Firefox 5 wouldn't run Silverlight in 64-bit, so when I first upgraded to Firefox 5, the Netflix streaming was horrendous).

    It's a shame, because I like Safari's speed and its page rendering is sometimes better than Firefox 5. But I'm in Firefox more and I tend to stay there, so now I don't even have Safari running in the background. I have 50/50 MBps fiber service, so my bandwidth is more than enough to handle anything those sites can throw at me. My gut feeling is that the buffering that Silverlight does before showing the movie is somehow turned off or absent due to a change in Safari 5.1, but it's hard to get Apple or Microsoft to come clean and let us poor users know that there's a problem. We're all left guessing and turning to crystal balls to figure out what's gone wrong :)

    Mike


    Thanks for your insights, Mike. So many things are new right now: Lion, Safari 5.1 on Lion and Snow Leopard, and 1Password of course. :) We each have our own issues that we have to find, decide on solutions and then implement and deploy those changes. It's a huge task, but if Apple is anything like AgileBits, they'll come out with updates that continue to amaze us (in good ways). It's just a matter of time. And while we have stumbled in some areas we are coming on strong and have lots of great things yet to come! These are truly exciting times.
This discussion has been closed.