Bug in search text field if don't clear search text that found no items

Options
jlmuir
jlmuir
Community Member

If I do the following, "All items" will list no items, and there's no icon in the search text field to clear the search:

1. Click "All items" in the left sidebar.
  2. Click in the search text field and enter some text that will find no matches (e.g., "skype" without the double quotes) and press Return.
  3. Click "All items" in the left sidebar, and no items are listed.
  4. Click in the search text field, and it's empty, and there's no clear icon to clear the search.
  5. Click "All items" in the left sidebar, and still no items are listed.
  6. As a workaround, click the "Logins" category in the left sidebar.
  7. Click "All items" in the left sidebar, and now all items are listed.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jlmuir,

I remember you briefly mentioned something about this in your other forum discussion. Thanks for opening a new thread about this issue, and thanks for your detailed steps!

Indeed, this is a known issue where the item list doesn't refresh itself correctly after cancelling a search by selecting something in the sidebar (your steps are a perfect example of that). I apologize for the inconvenience! For now, as you already noticed, you can select a different category in the sidebar, then go back to the category you want to view, and it should refresh itself properly.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you're also running into that! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

ref: OPM-2636

This discussion has been closed.