1P broken in Safari 5.0.5

I downloaded and installed iPassword 3.7.0. Now the 1P button appears in Safari 5.0.5 and highlights when I click it, but nothing else happens.

The update said to go into Safari Preferences -> Extensions -> Updates, but nothing happens when I click on that. It shows:

Extensions Updates
[v] Install Updates Automatically

If I click on 1Password (beta) it shows:

1Password (beta) 3.7.b5

I tried restarting Safari, logging on and off, and rebooting, but none of that helped.

I tried 1Password Preferences -> Remove All Extension then Install All Extensions, but that did not help.

How do I back off to the previous 1Password extension?

Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with the 10.6.8 supplemental update.
1Password 3.7.0 (build 31083)

Comments

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    I figured out how to back off. I found I still had 1Password-3.6.5.zip on my hard drive, so I unzipped it, and replaced 1Password 3.7.0 in Applications with 1Password 3.6.5. I opened 1Password 3.6.5 Preferences -> Remove All Extensions then Install All Extensions, and now when I click on 1P in Safari I get a popup menu, as before.

I guess I had better stop updating 1Password until you fix it to work again with Safari 5.0.5. Please let me know here when this is fixed!

Thank you!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry for the confusion, Alan. Safari 5.0 does not use a native Safari extension so 1Password should not be listed on Safari's Extensions preference pane in Safari 5.0.

I'm glad things are working well now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, Alan. Safari 5.0 does not use a native Safari extension so 1Password should not be listed on Safari's Extensions preference pane in Safari 5.0.

I'm glad things are working well now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

So I went into Safari Preferences -> Extensions and deleted 1Password (beta) 3.7.b5. After that it allowed me to install the latest 1Password 3.7.1 and the 1P button is working ok. Thanks!

• So I went into Safari Preferences -> Extensions and deleted 1Password (beta) 3.7.b5. After that it allowed me to install the latest 1Password 3.7.1 and the 1P button is working ok. Thanks!

Great! Thank you for the update!
This discussion has been closed.