To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Former team user with a new family account - unable to log out old account & log in new account.

kemnerm
kemnerm
Community Member

Hello!
I formerly used 1PW as part of a team for an organization I no longer work for.
Today, my husband made us a family 1PW account. I am trying to set up the OS X app and Chrome extensions. However, I am unable to log out from (or into) the old work/team account that was made for me, and unable to log into my new personal/family account. When I go to Preferences > Accounts, the option to add an account is greyed-out (see photo below)

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Unsure

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@kemnerm - Thanks for contacting us about this. We'd need to look into this in a bit more detail. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: QIP-31581-434

• dglass01
    dglass01
    Community Member

I have a personal 1pw but recently changed over to a team account for our office. (on company issued PC laptop) My issue is similar. Everything is working fine except for the extension in chrome. Before I got the team account I installed the extension and it is married to the personal account. I have deleted it and reinstalled but it wants me to put in my personal master password. How can I get the extension icon to the correct account (the team account) The app and web access work fine as they point to the correct url when signing in.

Thanks!

• Hi @dglass01 - Sorry for the troubles. You should be able to toggle between accounts via the Chrome extension. Are you able to switch between your personal account and your Teams account by clicking on the 1Password icon in the upper left corner? I will include a screenshot below that might be useful -

Let me know if that did the trick or if you're still unable to access the Teams account from the Chrome extension. :+1:

• dglass01
    dglass01
    Community Member

hmmm...I have the option on the 1PW 6 on the PC which is the team account to switch between personal and shared vaults (from the app launched)
    From the web launch for the team account there is a 1pw logo in top left corner that works as a button/link (hand comes up on it when scrolled over) but nothing happens when clicked.
    Okay...and from the extension launch when opened from there (which is tied to an account that is so old it is not an online account) I see the button to which you are referring. When clicked I get a browse option for folder that is currently in 1password > Backups > Primary.agilekeychain.
    So maybe the question is how I do I point this to a different folder and location/name of folder I want so that extension launches to the team account.
    Again...I have trashed the extension in manage extensions and re-installed but that obviously is not the right way to go about it.
    Thanks for you help!

• Hi @dglass01 - When you installed 1Password 6 after joining the 1Password Teams account, did you migrate your existing data over? Or are you rocking two versions of 1Password on your PC - 1Password 4 and 1Password 6? Sorry just trying to get a better understanding of the issue. If you did migrate your Dropbox vault over to 1Password 6, it's read-only access, since 1Password 6 does not support local vaults.

It sounds like you have your original master password that unlocks the apps then you created a new master password when you signed up for 1Password Teams. You could migrate your data over to your Personal vault then remove your Dropbox vault from 1Password 6. Keep me posted and any additional details will be greatly appreciated. :+1:

• dglass01
    dglass01
    Community Member

Again thank you for your help in this matter...
    Okay so I looked again after your last post and there was in fact version 4 and version 6 hiding on the pc...I have successfully uninstalled version 4 and my extension now opens to the team account! Good news there for sure...here is the last issue...web sign in and app sign in both have my personal vault with data stored in it. (on the team account) However the extension when opened seems to be empty. How do I get the data to the extension launch...I could probably fumble around and figure this one out, but I really don't have time to right now and since you are helpful I am asking you. Thanks!! Once this is completed, I will leave you alone. The good and bad of it is...I am such an old customer that my local version was difficult to update/transfer into a new account and mac and pc integration. Had I had a cloud account all along I think this would have been much easier. :-)

Oh and yes I had migrated my data over through an export of the local old version on the mac and came up with a new master password on the team account. I don't think that is needed to know now, but wanted to answer your question. If I went with what I thought, I wouldn't have to be here. ha

Cheers

• Hi @dglass01 - Fantastic news and you're very welcome :-) If you migrated all your existing 1Password data over to the Teams account, you can remove your Primary vault from the app. Then you will be left with a Personal/Private vault and your Shared vault. I will include a link below that will walk you through removing your Primary vault -
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#to-remove-the-old-vault-from-1password-6

If you didn't want to remove your Primary vault, you can also change the default vault for saving new items and the default vault when you open 1Password on your PC - Settings > Options > General. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.