I can log into 1password6 via the web browser but not the app?

Options

Hi, I'm changing from 1Password4 to 1Password6. Admin has invited me, I've accepted, got an activation key and created my master password. If I go to 1password.com, it won't accept my login. If I got to our team.1password.com it will. I've downloaded the app and it won't allow me in at all. I've removed the app, cleared my browsing history, admin deleted my account & re-invited. I removed 1password4 from my laptop & phone. I re-booted my machine & accepted again but still get the same issue. I'm using Firefox as my deafult browser & downloaded the app for Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 7 Prof
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can log into 1Password6 via web browser but not the app

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Jane_Greenaway,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry you're having trouble logging in.

Are you trying to log in at work and if yes, do they have a proxy server that could be blocking 1Password from connecting to our servers?

Can you email us your 1Password logs, so we can see what's going on.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

. If I go to 1password.com, it won't accept my login. If I got to our team.1password.com it will.

If you have a 1Password Teams account, it comes with its own URL that you must use to log in. You can't use my.1Password.com, the default site because your account is only valid on the team.1Password.com site.

• Jane_Greenaway
    Jane_Greenaway
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, I've sent the email as instructed, Let me know if you need anything else from me.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thanks, we got your email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: MMR-73957-447

This discussion has been closed.