Update to 6.5.935 or 6.5.396 dies on first attempt

waterbaby64
waterbaby64
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

With both 6.5.395 and 6.5.396, the first update starts the installer then the installer just disappears. Running update a second time works.

1Password Version: 6.5.395, 6.5.396
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 15061.rs2_release.170315-1424
Sync Type: 1P families

Comments

• Hi @waterbaby64,

Thanks for reporting this.

We'd like to collect the logs from the computer when this happens but it is easier to do this by reproducing the issue instead of trying to find the logs manually because we don't know where the problem is, if it is an app issue, .NET or the installer, they're three separate things.

Would you be willing to try going back to 395 and reproduce the update issue to collect the logs for us?

If yes, first thing is to send us your diagnostics report, there is a slight chance we may have captured the relevant logs.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thank you!

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

Will do.

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

It's like taking the car to the mechanic. It worked just fine from 395 to 396. Maybe I'll try from 6.4 to 6.5.

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

Still no luck. I installed 6.4, rebooted my PC and ran through a normal update without issue. Sorry for the trouble.

• Hi @waterbaby64,

No need to apologize, we have seen some intermittent reports of this but no one was able to reproduce it consistently, making it difficult for us to find a proper fix for this.

The best thing to do if you see it again, is this right away:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Select the most recent five minutes worth of logs, right-click on them to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    4. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks Mike.

This app is my number one app on my iPhone and PC. Absolutely love it! Happy to see it approach "Mac level"... :)

• Thank you for that, we're glad you're loving it so far. We can't wait to get it to match and exceed the macOS's app. :smile: Don't tell the macOS team that though. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.