To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync Vaults to 1Password.com

Options
kebabking
kebabking
Community Member

Hey... My understanding is I can sync all my vaults to my account at 1password.com. I have been syncing two vaults to Dropbox and now after signing up for 1Password Sevice want to move those vaults there. I must have missed the prompt to transfer those vaults to your service after setting up the account, now I would like to do so, but cannot find how?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox & 1Password

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @kebabking - Congrats on the new 1Password membership and I'll be happy to help.

First, I would log into your account via the web to create the new vaults to mirror your existing vaults that you sync via Dropbox.

As long as you're signed into the account on your devices, the new vaults will sync over. Then you can start migrating over your existing 1Password data following the steps below -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select the vault you want to move things from > Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Select the vault you want to move things over to > Move.

I will also include a helpful link below that you can refer to -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

I hope this helped and keep us posted if you have any additional questions :+1: Have a great weekend.

• kebabking
    kebabking
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, got it! So essiantially I send items from existing vaults to new ones I set up online. Great, that worked for me!

• Jacob
    Options

Yup! Glad to hear you're all set :) We're here if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.