Update and relaunch does the update, doesn't relaunch. Manual start ok. Started several updates ago.

Options
jim_sherman
jim_sherman
Community Member

I'm on 6.6.4 from the Agilebits store. When I do an "update and relaunch" it does the update, but it doesn't relaunch. I can do a manual start and it comes up fine. It's not a killer, of course, but it is annoying when I update my sync server and then discover I forgot to manually start 1Password by getting a complaint from my iPad. If I remember correctly, this started several updates ago. It did work on OSX 10.11.6 when I updated to 6.6.4 so perhaps it's only OSX 10.12.3??

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:update and relaunch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jim_sherman: Thanks for reaching out. I’m a bit confused by your post here in the Mac beta category of the forums, so I hope you can help me better understand what's happening in your case. It sounds like you're not actually using the beta, and I'm not sure I understand how the iPad and Dropbox are involved in the app not restarting after an update — especially since it seemed to here. Can you tell me which OS, 1Password, and device version you're actually using here, and which you'd just updated from? Thanks in advance!

• jim_sherman
    jim_sherman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I realized after I posted that I was in the beta forum (got dropped in there after a search and didn't catch it). Forget the iPad and Dropbox - that was just a comment about how awkward it is if 1Password doesn't get restarted on my server after an update. An effect, not a cause. The OSX (10.12.3), 1Password (6.6.4) etc. are as I posted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jim_sherman: No worries, I've moved it. Just wanted to make sure I get on the same page with you. :chuffed:

I know I've encountered issues with 1Password and other apps not restarting after an update, but not recently. If you can tell me which version you were running prior to 6.6.4 I'll be happy to test it again, and we'll keep an eye out for any further issues with this. Cheers! :)

• jim_sherman
    jim_sherman
    Community Member
    Options

6.6.3 plus I believe it happened on another of the previous step releases, I.e. 6.6.2. It is a recent problem though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jim_sherman: Thanks for letting me know! I'm not getting that here or seeing other reports, so it seems like it may be something specific to your setup. If it happens again, please generate a diagnostic report immediately so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.