To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Additional Information for Web Posts - Can't you link this from our account history?

Options
Riptide360
Riptide360
Community Member

I love how active the 1Password forum is and just wish the developers were more active in taking on new feature requests (although I do appreciate the support folks who take the time answering).

It seems like asking for the 1Password Versions, OS versions and Sync Type is something you could do automatically if you linked the forums account with the 1Password account.

You can get the Web browser version and OS Version we are using by queuing: http://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent/ when we are logged in your forum.
You can have your 1Password Extension automatically look for the 1Password Extension Version field info in our user profile and update it.
You can have the 1Password iOS, Mac and Windows Apps all log into 1Password and update our profile entry with this info whenever we do an app update and you see that this info is out of sync.
When we choose a Sync Type you can store that as well in our user profile.

The apps should all have links to the User Forums in their Help menu options. Currently you only give Get Help, Signup for Newsletter, Privacy Policy and TOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Riptide360 - Thank you for the kind words :-) We do our best to answer every single question personally. I appreciate the details and request you sent over. It's definitely something we can look into especially linking the forums under the "help" section in the apps. As far as automatically updating the system details using the link and details you provided, I'll be happy to share this with my team. We would have to look into the security and privacy aspects. Our extension directly communicates with 1Password and you have to authorize this so you're aware of the connection. I understand where you're coming from and thank you for taking the time to send us over a feature you would like to see implemented. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.