To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password recognized in apps but not website

Options
jbarton
jbarton
Community Member

i created a family account a while back and invited my husband to a shared vault. he had trouble signing in. i now tried to send another invite, but for some reason i cannot get into my account through your website. i have no problem accessing it through your apps on my iPhone or iPad, or even through your app on my Mac laptop, but when i enter the exact same data on your 1password.com website (where i have to go to be able to send family invitations), i keep getting error messages stating that either my email address, secret key or master password is wrong. i even used the bar code and scanned it into the website that popped up from the preferences section in the Mac OS app, and got the same error. it seems it is not recognizing my master password, even though i can enter it just fine to unlock the apps, just not your website.

can you please help me?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jbarton,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The Master Password for your 1Password membership is not necessarily the same one you use to unlock the 1Password apps. If you still have a Primary vault in 1Password then 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of that vault, instead of your 1Password membership password.

Did you print your Emergency Kit when setting up your account? That should have all of the info you need to login on it.

Ben

• jbarton
    jbarton
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for responding. i ended up being able to log in by letting icloud keychain populate the password. it worked. i printed out an emergency keychain from the 1password site, but it did not have the master password on it, so i went back to icloud keychain and dug it out from there. i have it now and it works well. all is fine. thanks.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jbarton - It's nice to hear you were able to regain access to your Master Password. As Ben mentioned previously, I would highly recommend printing out your Emergency Kit then writing your Master Password in the provided space. Keep this in a safe & secure location. You can turn off iCloud Keychain since we don't recommend saving your Master Password there. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. Have a nice day :+1:

This discussion has been closed.