Does individual license enable me to use iOS version?

skeedaddle
skeedaddle
Community Member

I have an individual license for 1Password 6 for Mac. I'd like to use 1Password on my iPhone. Do I need to get a subscription account or can I use my individual license for the iOS version of 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:does individual license apply to iOS versions

Comments

• Good evening @skeedaddle. The license you purchased for 1Password for Mac does not apply to 1Password for iOS. If you're comfortable with maintaining your own sync setup between Mac and iOS you can use 1Password for iOS in standalone mode.

However, your best bet is to get set up with a 1Password.com account. Your account includes:

• Simple, automatic syncing among all your devices.
    • Incredibly easy setup for new devices.
    • Included versions of 1Password on all of our platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS & Android)
    • Free upgrades to 1Password for as long as your subscription is in good standing.
    • Automatic online backups.

All you need to do is head over to https://1password.com/extlink/1password-signup/ to get started.

• skeedad
    skeedad
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that would be the answer.

• Sorry we didn't have the answer you were hoping for @skeedad. This is one of the reasons we came out with the subscription service -- many folks find it much easier and convenient to subscribe for a single rate vs choosing what they need and purchasing a la carte (including having to purchase upgrades). With the subscription all of our compatible software is included, including upgrades.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.