1Password 6 for Windows ignores keyboard shortcuts

mmohamed
mmohamed
Community Member

None of the shortcut combination on the list below works under 1Password 6. I'm more interested in using Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+B the most.

https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcuts/

1Password Version: 1Password 6.0.239d
Extension Version: 1Password 6.0.239d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcuts

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mmohamed: I'm sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app has only rudimentary support for keyboard shortcuts currently, so most of those from 1Password 4 (as listed in the guide you linked) are not applicable. We'll be adding more of these in the future though. Thank for letting us know this is important to you! :)

• MartinWeiss
    MartinWeiss
    Community Member

Hi,

it seems strange to me, that you would release a new version and then remove features.

When do you plan to add these fundamental shortcuts?

Best regards,
    Martin

• Hi @MartinWeiss, you may have seen us talking on other threads in our forums about how 1Password 6 is actually a completely new app. We've not taken 1Password 4 and then built on top of it, instead everything is being created from scratch to ensure we are able to provide the best long term experience which supports the most up to date security practices and also allows us to create a much more feature rich 1Password for Windows than ever before. This does take time sadly, and we are working extremely hard to bring all of the features you know and love from 1Password 4 / 1Password 6 for Mac and our mobile apps to 1Password 6 for Windows. Thank you for your support and patience, we really appreciate the love for 1Password you have. :blush:

Now as for when we'll be including more shortcut support, I dont have a date I can give you but I ask if you could keep your eye on our release notes as this is the first place you will hear about it coming out. :+1:

• MartinWeiss
    MartinWeiss
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I have bought 1Password for OSX and Windows and discontinued both of them when I learnd that I cannot use it on Android with local files. Over a year that feature was promised but nothing happend. But that's another stroy. I used an open source solution in the meantime that had some great features I now really miss in 1Password.

I am trying to rebuild this one most important feature: Auto-Fill. With AutoHotKey and some scripts it would be easily possible but this missing shortcuts are driving me nuts! When opening the Password Mini Manager there are no shortcuts at all! Could you please add "Copy Username" and "Copy Password" to the next release? Thanksm

Best regards,
    Martin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I can't promise "the next release" as we've already got some other things in the works, but we'll definitely be adding additional keyboard shortcuts in future updates. Thanks for letting us know this is important to you! :)

• Phil_Herste
    Phil_Herste
    Community Member

For me are shortcuts extremly important either. Same for a (list) overview of the Passwords and their security strength like in version 4.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! We definitely want to continue to improve keyboard support. It's farther off, but we want to continue to improve the information density in the new app as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.