Not Receiving Confirmation Email

Options

Today, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to change the email address on my profile in a team account. On my profile page (on our team 1password website), I clicked the edit icon next to my email, filled in the new email address (yes, I carefully verified it was correct), clicked the 'Send Confirmation' button, and waited. And waited. And waited. I've waited plenty of time without receiving the confirmation email. In fact, I've tried this whole process few times today. I've verified that I am able to receive messages to the email account I'm trying to change to. In fact, I got a message from AgileBits when I signed up a few minutes ago to access the support forum. Why am I not receiving the confirmation email about my profile email change?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• marty_hill_efh
    marty_hill_efh
    Community Member
    Options

A colleague of mine tried going through this process late yesterday and also did not receive a confirmation email. Any progress on investigating this issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@marty_hill_efh: Have you checked your spam folder/filters? We haven't received other reports like this, and they're going through on my end, so I'm wondering what else might be preventing you from receiving email notifications from 1Password.com. Often whitelisting can help. But just to clarify, you won't be looking for the confirmation email at the new address, but rather the old one. And be sure that you've allowed all the domains you need on your account as well. Let me know what you find!

• marty_hill_efh
    marty_hill_efh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks for the response. Though I didn't mention it in my initial posts, I had already checked all of my mail filtering controls. However, I did start investigating other related possibilities outside my immediate control, and I believe that my company may have very recently starting blocking email from 1password.com. As to why they would do that -- I have no idea, but we've done some testing that supports this theory. I've made internal inquiries about this, and I'm waiting to hear from the folks that can confirm or deny it. Until I find out, I think there's no need for AgileBits to take any further action. I'll post again when I receive the response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marty_hill_efh: Good to know. I'll look forward to hearing back from you. Honestly I'd be surprised if they're blocking it on purpose. Usually this stuff is automated. Interested to hear what the cause is.

• jdpierce21
    jdpierce21
    Community Member
    Options

I had this same issue. And the confirmation emails were going to my SPAM folder.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hate when that happens... Fortunately in most cases it's possible to whitelist so hopefully that won't happen with future emails at least.

• marty_hill_efh
    marty_hill_efh
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, our illustrious messaging team decided to block incoming emails from 1password. It's been unblocked now and all is well. My email change is complete. This issue is closed.

• Frank
    Options

Fantastic news! Thank you @marty_hill_efh for updating us :+1: I'm happy to hear everything is working properly. Let us know if you have any further questions, enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.