1P Via Any Browser & Pronounceable Passwords

Cas
Cas
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum section for this, but my question/request is:

Using 1Password via any web browser, I select pronounceable passwords. The options to have a digit or symbol are then removed. I like using pronounceable passwords, but 99% of websites require at least a digit/number and a symbol. With the options removed, I end up having to add them manually or I use 1P Win6 (which has its own issue).

In the 1Password Windows v6, I have the option of pronounceable passwords with a word separator (which usually qualifies for the symbol that websites are looking for), and then I have to manually add in a number.

Are there any future plans to have pronounceable passwords, digits, and symbols all as options in web browser format and/or 1P Win6?

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Cas,

Thanks for writing in.

No, we have no plans to add additional settings to the Words generator, that's not what it was built for. The Words generator was not meant to be used for website passwords but more for security questions/answers and for areas where you need to memorize the passwords.

Characters-generated passwords are much more complex to guess than the words, so you should using that by default for passwords, not the other way around. You want to make it harder for the attackers to guess the passwords, not easier with words.

This discussion has been closed.