Feature Request: Periodic test/training for passwords

michael_smart
michael_smart
Community Member

I've created some new passwords for important accounts where I would really like to be able to remember the password from memory, just in case for whatever reason I lose access to my 1Password vault, and I've generated these new passwords using 1Password's pronounceable password feature, so that I have a chance of remembering them, while maintaining a decent level of entropy.

The problem is, I don't regularly have to type some of these passwords, and that makes them difficult to memorise.

What I would love is a way to set up a periodic reminder/test for a particular login, and then every once in a while 1Password would send a local notification as a reminder, and when I open up 1Password from that notification it "tests" me on the password (ie. giving me a field to type it in), and then I get to see if I was correct or not.

I'm fully on board with generating secure, random passwords for nearly all my accounts and relying on 1P to keep them, but for the few passwords that I do need/want to memorise, this would be an awesome helper, and seeing as 1Password is storing the passwords, it would be the ideal place for this sort of thing!

Thanks so much for your consideration :)

Cheers
Michael

Note: I use 1P across iOS and macOS, but I guess for me the reminders on iOS would be more useful. But I wouldn't be against having such a feature on both platforms ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @michael_smart!

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this suggestion. I can't make any promises, but we do appreciate the feedback. It isn't a bad idea to have a few passwords memorized. I personally memorize a few including my Apple ID, primary email account, and the login passwords for any computers I need to login to. And obviously my Master Password for 1Password, of course! :)

Hopefully we can find a way to make the process of memorization for those passwords that need it easier.

Thanks!

Ben

• michael_smart
    michael_smart
    Community Member

Yep, those are basically the types of accounts that I want it for ;)

Thanks for the quick reply, and I hope to maybe see something along these lines in the future! :chuffed:

Cheers
    Michael

• You're very welcome. :+1: :)

Ben

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

Not exactly what you asked for, but I have a monthly reminder set up in iOS Reminders, telling me to review my 1Password master password. With TouchID, I just don't enter the master password much anymore. So I worry about forgetting it.

Whenever the reminder triggers, I launch 1PW and enter the master password instead of using my fingerprint.

Of course, I also gave a copy of my Emergency Kit to a trusted person for "worst case" insurance.

• Thanks for sharing, @MDBrown!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.