Open 1PW6 on PC & a vault question

Hi,
Now after I enter the 1PW6 I get a list of logins. Why can't it just open the 1PW6 app rather than make it necessary to close it down and reopen to get the icon to go into the app? Isn't opening the tool the usual thing to have happen when you start up some PC tool?

Is there a vault that I can use that would NOT be part of All Vaults? Maybe there is a better place to sequester old accounts and stuff that I will eventually delete?

Larry

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.4.1
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @lwmcmahon,

Thank you for reaching out and giving us a chance to help! :+1:

Now after I enter the 1PW6 I get a list of logins. Why can't it just open the 1PW6 app rather than make it necessary to close it down and reopen to get the icon to go into the app? Isn't opening the tool the usual thing to have happen when you start up some PC tool?

I am not sure I follow you here. Are we talking about the blank list in 1Password Mini/1Password browser extension after the fresh start? If we are, then this is a known issue and it will be addressed in one of the future updates. If you mean something else, please provide more info. It will be really helpful. Thanks! :chuffed:

Is there a vault that I can use that would NOT be part of All Vaults? Maybe there is a better place to sequester old accounts and stuff that I will eventually delete?

I understand where you are coming from. Personally I have a vault called "Archive" where I keep old items, so it would be a great feature to have on Windows. We are planning to bring more flexibility and functionality to 1Password 6 (for example, it will be possible to choose vaults included in All Vaults) in the future updates, but I don't have any timeframes at the moment. Please stay in touch so we can keep you updated.

I will be looking forward to your reply, so we could get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

I will try, but it is awk to get a snaphot of the screen.

1pw6 is started automatically when I boot my pc. It is listed as an app under that ^ on my task bar. Sorry, don't recall what that list is called. It contains tools to safely eject media and other handy tools.

I click on the 1pw icon and I'm prompted for a password. Fine so far!

The a list of logins are then displayed, but I 'm not sure what ones get listed because one I want is always missing. The list used to be useless stuff, but now they are logins, I think. I don't see the 1pw6 app icon listed, so I close that down and click on the 1pw6 app in ^ again at which time I can select the 1pw6 app icon, it opens and I am ready to work.

I just want the 1pw6 app to open after I enter the password, the rest is a waste of my time.

This startup behavior seems unique to the 1pw6 app.

Larry

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hello there @lwmcmahon,

1Password 6 starts in the background when you boot your PC, that is why you can see it in the notification area in the lower right corner:

If you click on it, you see 1Password Mini window, which should look like that after the unlock:

If you want the main 1Password app to open, you can right-click on 1Password icon in the notification area and choose Open 1Password app. There is a workaround for you, if you want the main 1Password app to open every time you boot up your PC, but it requires some advanced technical skills to pull off. Please let us know, if this is what you want. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

That works, thanks.
    Larry

• I'm glad to hear that and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.