Import from 1Password v3 to v6 Crash

sdayog
sdayog
Community Member

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5 (iOS v10.2.) with both 1Password 3 and 6 installed. I've encountered v6 crashes on 2 different methods attempting to import my v3 data to v6. Both attempts follow the suggestions listed in a past discussion: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/#1password-3-7-1-or-earlier.

The first approach was to migrate the data directly from v3 to v6 following the aforementioned guidance. Upon selecting "Import Now" in v6, the application crashes. The second approach was to create a v3 back up file (.1ptbackup format) and introduce this file to v6 via iTunes. I was able to move the file to v6 but again, upon selecting the file and hitting "Import Now", the application again crashes.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled v6 on my phone, repeating the above to approaches with the same result of the v6 crashing. I also restarted my device per the guidance above from a previous discussion.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sdayog,

My apologies. We have a bug in the importer in the latest version of 1Password 6 for iOS that prevents importing from 1Password 3. I've added you to a list to be notified when we rectify this situation.

Again my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ben

• sdayog
    sdayog
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the information and for adding me to the notification list. Do you have rough timing on when the issue will be resolved?

Sheila

• We're currently testing the update that contains the fix and hope to push it to Apple for review this week. It is then up to Apple to review the update and allow us to publish it.

Ben

• @sdayog

The update has been released to the App Store. Can you please try installing the update and see if that enables you to upgrade as expected?

Please let us know how it turns out, and again my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ben

• sdayog
    sdayog
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I installed the v6 update and restarted my device. I followed the steps for both methods (1) opening v3 and importing and (2) importing the .1ptbackup file. v6 is no longer crashing but now I'm looping on the screenshot below:

I am using the correct master password but every time I enter it, I keep getting prompted to enter it again, with no error message stating the password is incorrect (although it is the correct password) or otherwise. It feels like it's looping at this point.

Sheila

• Sheila,

You are entering the Master Password for v3, not the Master Password for v6, correct?

Ben

• sdayog
    sdayog
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Yes, I am entering the master password for v3. I, however, am using the same master password for v6.

Sheila

• sdayog
    sdayog
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

A follow-up - alas and finally, a user error. I repeated the same steps successfully this time which indicates that I must not have entered the v3 password correctly (although I could have sworn....). The patch works for me and "thank you" for the prompt and swift support.

Sheila

• Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it worked the second time around. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.