Fingerprint not available

danielsbcosta
danielsbcosta
Community Member

Hi all,

When I try to activate fingerprint unlock on Android, the error below occurs:

Fingerprint not available: Fingerprint unlock can not be enabled because an error has occurred: javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException

Is there any way to solve it?

I found four posts related to this error, but none of them have a solution to my problem.

I'm on a "Umi Plus E" with Marshmallow 6.0.1. Bank applications that also use fingerprint unlocking are working normally.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Thank you

Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Zerov
    Zerov
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Hi.

Device Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
    Android 6.0.1 MMB29M
    MIUI Global 8.1 Stable 8.1.2.0 (MBEMIDI)
    1password for Android 6.5.1

Device is not rooted!

Fingerprint works fine with all other apps, but when I'm trying to add a Fingerprint Unlock to 1password, I see this:

Fingerprint Unlock unavailable
    Fingerprint Unlock could not be enabled because an error occurred: javax.crypto.AEADBadTagException

Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 6.0.1

• Hi @Zerov. Thanks for getting in touch with us! Fingerprint Unlock requires a number of resources available in native Android OS to correctly encrypt and decrypt your data using fingerprint authentication.

It appears that the version of Android you are running does not support these requirements for Fingerprint Unlock. I will pass on these details to our development team to see if there is anything we can do from our end. I also recommend reaching out Xiaomi about this error.

Let me know if you have any questions. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Hi @danielsbcosta. I went ahead and merged your thread with another thread on the same subject. I hope you don't mind!

It looks like the issue with the Umi is the same as the issue with the Xiaomi. Neither of these devices is using the fingerprint framework Google added in Android M. I encourage you to reach out to them and let them know. Let me know if you need anything else!

• danielsbcosta
    danielsbcosta
    Community Member

Hi @Peri. No problem. Thanks for the feedback.

I've noticed that there are other topics (in this support forum) that address this same error. In other cases, the problem was resolved with an update of 1password.

In this case, I would like to know if is it possible to solve the problem by updating 1password.

Thank you again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danielsbcosta: Unfortunately no. As Peri mentioned, we're using the official Nexus Imprint APIs from Google for 1Password's fingerprint feature, so it's up to the manufacturer to provide the hardware and software integration to support that.

This discussion has been closed.