1Password in slide open multitasking keeps hiding the keyboard, prevents text entry in Search

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited March 2017 in iOS

I slide open 1Password on iOS (slide over multitasking) and try to Search for something. After I type the first letter, 1Password in the slide over keeps closing the keyboard and won't allow me to enter more text. If I tap in the text entry box after the first letter, the keyboard reappears, but as soon as I type, the keyboard is hidden again, and the letter is never entered. This is a horrible bug.

1Password Version: 6.6 (660009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Mrc!

Is this happening with any characters you type in the search field of 1Password in the slide over view? Here's the first report I saw on the forum with it happening when typing the letter 'i':

Slide over bug in landscape mode when typing the letter i

Then another, with additional reports of it also happening in other instances:

iPad keyboard disappears when typing letter i into 1Pwd in split screen mode

Does any of that correlate with your experience?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options

@sjk,

I typed in V as the first letter and i as the second one, so I guess that fits the criteria. An 8 also causes the issue as reported by another user in the second thread.

Go ahead and merge this thread if you want.

(wow - this bug has been around for 5 months!!!)

• Thanks for letting us know, @MrC

Until this is fixed, you can try using the keyboard in split mode. Then the i key doesn't align with the split border.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm not seeing the issue with iOS 10.3, btw.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Nor am I, @MrC. Thanks for checking and mentioning that! :+1::chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.