Is there a free 1password v 6 for the iPad? The ipad now has V5 and can't find upgrade (if needed)

pcp55Prs
pcp55Prs
Community Member

I am totally confused! On my iMac have 1password v6.6.4 and it and mini work fine. 1password shows I have two valults. The Primary indicates 139 items. A second vault is listed as 1Password and it has 96 items. I don't know why the difference. Should I eliminate one of the vaults? My iPad has a V5 and I can't find how to update to V6 (if that is needed). When I try to Syc only 96 items show up. My Ipad indicates I have the Pro-version (guess of v5).
Typing this I realize what may be happening is I am syncing the wrong vault. Does that sound right? How do I change that? Back to the first question, is there a 1password v6 for the iPad, that I need to install.
Hope that provides you with enough information. Thanks for helping this dense old man! Chuck

1Password Version: V 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:If I upgrade to the new 6.3.2 program am I required to sign up for the subscription plan?

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

1Password 6.5 was a free upgrade for me starting from 1Password 5 for iOS when the app went with the Freemium model. It should be free but you are tied to the Apple ID that you used to purchase 1Password.

The update should appear in the Apple App Store.

• Hi @pcp55Prs

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You can find the latest version of 1Password for iOS here:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

As for the issue of the multiple vaults... in the upper left hand corner of 1Password for Mac you should see the vault selector, which is probably currently showing "All Vaults." You can use this to switch to each vault individually. Please check the contents of the two vaults. Is one perhaps just an older version of the other? Is there one that has all of your data in it, or is your data spread across both vaults?

Please let us know.

Ben

• pcp55Prs
    pcp55Prs
    Community Member

Ben, Thanks for responding. Resolved the issue of getting latest version 6 of iPassword on iPad 2 mini. Remaining issue is getting the Primary vault to sync with pad. I totally deleted dropbox files and went to settings in1Password and checked only Primary vault for sync. Re-uploaded to dropbox. Results still only the 1password vault sync with 96 items not the primary vault with 138. There is some file duplication between the two vaults. Data is NOW spread between two vaults because I did not understand this function or realize there were two vaults. The Primary vault is the better of the two, and I don't mind deleting the other one and redoing that information. How do I delete it?

When I go to preferences in 1password it shows this message: Also sync Primary valut with Dropbox
    Then below it shows this linkage: my name>Dropbox>1Password.opvault
    Don't seem this last linkage line is right, should it still be refering to the 1password vault?
    Think I am doing something wrong with the settings, but I do not know what it is. Appreciate your help.
    Am sure I have the laest versions of everything loaded on both compuers and dropbox.

• pcp55Prs
    pcp55Prs
    Community Member

Ben,
    Discovered the reason my 1Pasword was not snyc between iMac and iPad. The sync setting on the IPad was set incorrectly, was different than on the iMac. Overall things work now and I will clean up the remaining conflicts between the two vaults. Knew it had to be something simple, but just could not find it earlier, although I sure tried before making my post. iPassword is a great product, just so many options it is sometimes a challenge for amature users like me!

• Thanks for the update, and for the kind words about 1Password, @pcp55Prs. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy Friday! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.