1Password requires authentication to work with Sequel Pro?

Hi,

A couple of weeks back I received the 1Password Authentication popup window from 1Password mini requesting authorization with a MySQL client that I use - Sequel Pro. At the time I thought that this was quite strange and declined the authorization request however it popped up again under similar circumstances.

I am still wondering how a separate app that should not interact with the browser or 1Password at all could request authorization. I had a look at my 1Password logs and the incidents appear to have been logged. Should I post my logs or would it be better to email them to an Agilebits support email address?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5.5
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @julian2017, and welcome to the forums. That does sound quite odd that you're seeing this prompt. I'd like to ask you to trigger the behavior anew (so we're sure the logs are in the subset that will be collected) and create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

It would also be very helpful to see a screenshot of the issue so that we can be sure what we're looking for in the logs.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• julian2017
    julian2017
    Community Member

Hi,

I have emailed AgileBits support with a Diagnostics report (as well as some additional logs) and received the following support ID:

PND-67195-222

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@julian2017: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PND-67195-222

• buggedcom
    buggedcom
    Community Member

I too just had the same issue and have opened an support request.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@buggedcom: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: RIH-88893-778

This discussion has been closed.