Feature Request: show password strenght in overview

I can remember that there has been a visualisation about strenght of passwords in the item overview.
I'm wondering if something of that will come back soon?

Usecase: often, you save new items to 1Password with an old password from the time before 1Password generated strong passwords for you. So it's likely that there are numerous items with weak/identical passwords in your list.

I'd love to have an overview (maybe in the security audit section) which will show me how old (last change) or strong (maybe percentage or with coloured bars) my passwords are.
A further feature could be a "expiration date" for passwords: lets say I could mark my bank account password to be changed every 3 months

generally, I'd suggest adding an overview to my items where I can see different information at one sight. For now, I need to open every single item...

Best,
Philipp

1Password Version: 6.5.396d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:password strenght

Comments

• Hey @pops1501,

Password strength indicators are coming to 1Password 6 in the not too distant future.
    (I miss them, too :chuffed: )

Cheers,

Alex

• pops1501
    pops1501
    Community Member

Great, thank you. Hopefully they are in the next beta :-) I want to audit my passwords soon and I'm not keen on doing that manually.

what about my other ideas?

• last change
    • expiration date
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pops1501: I don't think they're coming in the next beta, or anything that near term, but password strength and better search/sorting options are on our list. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.