Can't find scan box in IOS

kelsie47
kelsie47
Community Member

I don't want to enter all the detailed info to set up 1Password on a new iPhone when I already have it on my iPad Mini. I just need to find the Scan box on my iPad mini. I have looked EVERYWHERE! I have the camera ready to go on my phone but I cannot locate that scan box... Where is it??? I have tried syncing using iCloud and that has been unsuccessful as it doesn't bring in any of my information. I know the scan box works and am going to do it that way. I just need to find the box!

1Password Version: 6.5.4?
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: 10.3
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• Hi @kelsie47

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you have a 1Password.com account you definitely do not want to sync with iCloud. Attempting to set that up may have created a standalone vault. To check, please open 1Password > Settings > Vaults. If you see a Primary vault listed there please let me know so we can take care of that. Please check this on all of the devices you attempted setting up syncing via iCloud on. Having that Primary vault will cause difficulties down the road.

To add your account to a new device please see these instructions:

If you can't find your Secret Key or Setup Code

When completed if you find you have not printed your Emergency Kit please do so:

1Password Emergency Kit

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• kelsie47
    kelsie47
    Community Member

Can you just tell me where to find the scan box? I have read all this other information and it does not give me the information that I need. I can take the time to enter all the information by adding my log in and my master key because I have all to that. Yes, I have the emergency kit. It is just so time consuming when I can simply hold the camera over the scan box and photograph it. I just can t find that box!

• @kelsie47

The "scan box" (QR code) is on the Emergency Kit. Where exactly on the Emergency Kit it will appear depends on when you printed it, as we've redesigned the kit a couple of times since launching it. On the sample kit shown below it is on the bottom of the page, in the middle:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.