Cannot generate words password with 2 words

Options
UKCodeMonkey
UKCodeMonkey
Community Member

I'm trying to generate a new password for work and I am using 1password for iOS.

1. On selecting the work login
  2. Select edit
  3. Select generate new password
  4. Swipe left for words
  5. Try and move the words slider left from 3 and it remains at 3
  6. Slider appears to be all the way left 3, near left 3, then 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and and the way right for 10

I previously used 2 words which I then need to adjust to use capitals and add numerics to meet minimum complexity.

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3 (14E277)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:2 words

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @UKCodeMonkey,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but with a words based password 3 words is the minimum that 1Password for iOS can generate. I just checked on 1Password for Mac as well, and that also appears to have a minimum length of 3 words, so I'm not entirely sure how you would've generated one with only 2 words previously. You could of course simply chop the 3rd word off before saving.

Thanks.

Ben

• UKCodeMonkey
    UKCodeMonkey
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I guess it's a blip with the slider appearing to have 2 positions for 3 (which made me think there should be a 2):

Thanks for replying!

• Ben
    Options

Ah, thanks for the screenshots. I hadn't noticed that while testing. I suspect that is more of a UI glitch than an unintentional omission of a selection for 2, as 1Password for Mac also has the minimum length of 3. Either way I'll point it out to our development team and see if there is an improvement that can be made there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.