How do I delete a file from a group without entirely deleting the file?

Options
PWChinook
PWChinook
Community Member

I put a file into the wrong group and need to delete it from the group while keeping the file in the set of logins. How do I do this? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete file from group

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PWChinook,

Without knowing which version of 1Password you're running, I'll do my best to guess what you've done and want to undo. :)

Did you add an item to a folder in 1Password for Mac and want to remove it from that folder? If that's the case, here's what to do:

• Click the folder name in the sidebar.
    • Right click the item you want to remove from that folder.
    • Choose Remove from Folder from the context menu.

Here's an example that would remove the Macworld item from the Forums folder:

If that's not it, please let us know which version of 1Password you're running and any other details to help understand the issue. Then we'll suggest something else for you to try. Thanks!

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I should have defined my version as 1PW 6.6.4 on a Mac. All I need to know now is where the context menu is... The options I see at the top bar are: File, Edit, View, Item, Window, Help. Ohhhh, I just found it... Control-click when the folder is highlighted.

Thanks and have a blessed day!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of sjk, you're very welcome! I'm glad that was helpful and answered your question. We're always happy to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.