iPhone 1password app is freezing

Options
theolamb
theolamb
Community Member

Hello, when I attempt to input my master password into my iphone 1password app login, it freezes halfway through and won't let me finish. I can't access 1password from my phone as a result.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone 1password app is freezing

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theolamb,

I'm sorry you're having trouble entering your master password! It sounds like you might be running into the issue described here: Please update to iOS 10.2.1 if you are unable to enter your Master Password

If so, then as that post explains, installing the latest iOS update should solve the problem. Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks! :)

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG What if we don't want to update our phones. I don't think its right we are forced to update our software to make your software work. Another unsatisfied customer because of this issue.

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    Options

@theolamb Thankfully I did find a workaround for this if you normally use TouchID but happened to get locked out like I did. You can delete the application and redownload it. If you are using the subscription from 1password it will ask for your accountkey and all that again. There you can insert your password without freezing and then select use touch ID. Just make sure when you login that touchID works within the first few tries or you will get locked out and have to repeat the process.

• Ben
    Options

The problem appears to be with iOS, not 1Password, so as far as we're aware there is nothing we can do other than recommending updating to a version of iOS not affected in order to resolve this. Using the latest version of iOS is considered best security practice anyway, and so as a security focused company we are not in a position to investigate or recommend alternate solutions.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.