Apple Check Coverage - 1PW saves serial# as a web form detail BUT won't enter it into web-page

Options

I did the following:
1) in Safari, open https://checkcoverage.apple.com
2) enter hardware serial number in appropriate box
3) create new login (click on 1Password icon in browser, click on gear icon, click on save new login)

Although my serial number is saved as a web form detail, if load the website anew, 1PW will not enter that serial number. Nor will 1PW enter the serial number even if I launch website from within 1PW

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: WLAN server
Referrer: forum-search:apple check coverage

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@somainer: First and foremost, it's important to keep in mind that 1Password isn't meant to do what you're attempting here; rather, it's for filling login credentials: username and password. So we're focused on improving that functionality, not general-purpose form filling.

That said, I didn't have any trouble saving and filling the "serial number" field there. You didn't mention the browser version you're using, but it's at least a little out of date since you're running an older release of Sierra. Please update and see if that helps.

• somainer
    somainer
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: thanks for your help - updating to Sierra 10.12.4 did the trick!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad that solved the problem. It sounds like you're all set now, but if you need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.