Ctrl+\ triggers 1password mini everywhere [Fixed in 6.6.406d update]

exstac
exstac
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

In the latest beta version I've noticed that the ctrl+\ is enabled everywhere in Windows. Having any app running in the foreground and hitting ctrl+\ will open 1pw mini.
Ctrl+alt+\ is supposed to be the shortcut you should use if you are outside of your browser (or in your browser to show all items).

1Password Version: 6.5.396
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @exstac,

Thanks for writing in.

This isn't new from the recent beta version. I checked in with our team, this has been the case for a long time.

One thing is that we also use Control + \ for the Auto-Type feature back in 1Password 4, so you could fill in other apps too. Right now, Auto-Type is not available in 1Password 6 but it is coming.

Control + \ is the shortcut for direct filling if a Login item exists for the site or app you're on. But if not, then it brings up 1Password mini.

1Password mini just doesn't fill first, it opens up. This may be a little inconsistent with the macOS but I'll bring it up with them to see if we want to make sure it does the same on macOS.

• exstac
    exstac
    Community Member

Oh, I probably just never noticed it before now I guess. If you want my 2¢ I would love if there was a toggle switch in the settings for this :)

Thanks for looking into it!

• Hi @exstac,

We'll keep that in mind for the future as we plan to add a full hot key editor to the app to let you control how the shortcuts will work.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

I have this problem too. In file manager, such as Total Commander, Far, Control+\ is a standart shortcut for go to Root folder. I think that if is the shortcut for direct filling if a Login item exists for the current app you're on. But if not, then it transfer shortcut to the system or current app

• Hi @spn13,

We'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Hello. In 6.6.405 Control+\ doesn't run 1P6 mini, but also It doesn't transfer shortcut to the system - In Total Commander Control+\ (go to Root folder) doesn't work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

Thanks for letting us know! In the mean time, you can always change 1Password's keyboard shortcut in Settings > Options > General. Cheers! :)

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Thanks. Yes I know. But I like to use Control+\ :)

• @spn13 we are working on it, it's just the way system wide hotkeys are designed - you can intercept it, but you will have to manually inject them to the right window if you don't want to process them.

• Hi @spn13,

Stay tuned, we may have a better fix in the next beta update.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

6.6.BETA-406
    All works fine. Thank you guys

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.