How paranoid. . .

Options
Uralie
Uralie
Community Member

should I be? I had a memory stick professionally recovered. Although it included no passwords, among the files were the three account keys for our family.
I see by reading other threads that the keys can be easily replaced. Would it be recommended that we do that, and should all the Login passwords also be changed?
Thanks!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Uralie: Absolutely! It doesn't cost anything to change your Secret Key (F.K.A. Account Key), and peace of mind is priceless. Just login to your account on 1Password.com and go to your Profile in your account menu in the upper right. From there you can click the "pencil" next to Secret Key to regenerate it and you'll be good to go. Cheers! :)

• Uralie
    Uralie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the quick response! Do you think it's necessary/wise to change all the Login passwords?

• Jacob
    Options

@Uralie I don't think so in this case. If you find out there was a sign in attempt to any of those accounts, though, it's a good idea to change all their passwords at that point. Generally speaking, I think you're just fine for now :)

This discussion has been closed.