To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My account is frozen and i can not delete it

Options
mikolaj
mikolaj
Community Member

I want to delete my account but i cant because its "frozen".
What should i do ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @mikolaj! I'm sorry to hear that :( You can still access your data when your account is frozen, so you're welcome to just keep it around and access your passwords in it. If, on the other hand, you've had some trouble with 1Password during the free trial, let us know and we can help. :)

You can, of course, delete your account from its settings or profile page anytime:

How to delete your 1Password account

Hope this helps!

• mikolaj
    mikolaj
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob But problem is that I can't !
    I click at "Permanently Delete Account" and nothing happens.
    I tried in safari, chrome and Firefox and still have the same problem.

• Jacob
    Options

@mikolaj Aha, well that's definitely a bit odd. Let’s enable some tools in Safari to get a bit more info about what’s happening here. In Safari, click Safari -> Preferences in the menu bar, switch to the Advanced tab of Preferences, then check "Show Develop menu in menu bar". This will enable some tools that will give us a bit more information. Next, try signing up one more time, and if you get an error, choose Develop -> Show Error Console from the menu bar.

Copy and paste the contents of that, or take a screenshot, and email it to support+forum@agilebits.com. Post back here with the confirmation code you receive when you do and we'll take a closer look :glasses:

• mikolaj
    mikolaj
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob I think that you don't understand my problem.

I can do that -> 1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    I can do that too-> 2. Click your name in the top right corner, and choose My Profile.
    I can click on that, but nothing happens -> 3.Click Permanently Delete Account at the bottom of the page.

• Jacob
    Options

@mikolaj I understand :) I want to get a bit more info from your browser to see why this is happening. You should be able to delete your account, and if you aren't able to that's a bug we need to look into.

• mikolaj
    mikolaj
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob But I don't get any error, I've click on "Permanently Delete Account" hundreds of times and nothing happens, no error, no nothing.

• Jacob
    Options

@mikolaj Some errors are hidden and only shown in the browser's console, which is why I was hoping to get the logs from there. Could you please follow the steps in my previous post and send those over? If there's no way to delete the account from your end, we can send you a link to do so, but the conversation needs to be via email to protect your privacy.

• mikolaj
    mikolaj
    Community Member
    Options

hm there isn't "Show Error Console" option @Jacob

• mikolaj
    mikolaj
    Community Member
    Options

somehow I did it on chrome
    [#JKF-65937-368]

• Jacob
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks for sending that over! I've asked one of our developers to take a look, and we'll get back to you as soon as we sort out what's happening :)

ref: JKF-65937-368

This discussion has been closed.