To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account works on iMac but not on iPad

Volt
Volt
Community Member

My parents have an iMac and and iPad and I've instructed them to use 1Password instead of scribbling passwords on multiple pieces of paper which they can never find, lol. They purchased and installed the $70 version of 1P, for use on both devices.

1P works perfectly on the iMac but there's an issue on the iPad, it won't accept the master pass that works on both the iMac and the online 1P account. Last week my mom(iPad user) received an email stating the trial version of 1P Family will expire soon, so I assume she downloaded that version of 1P. She let it expire, deleted/reinstalled 1P. Today I fired up 1P on her iPad and scanned the QR code in their Emergency kit in order to set up 1P on her iPad. It wouldn't accept the account info.

I'm at a loss at why this is happening. If her "Family" account has expired, shouldn't that allow her to sign into 1P using a different master pass?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Volt! It's great that you got your parents using 1Password :) I'm sorry there's been some trouble with the setup, but I think I know what's happening. It sounds like they bought a license and created a family account. These are two separate things. You can move from a license to a family account, but it's not necessary to have both. I can't look into the specifics here on the forum, but could you have one of them email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and mention this thread? Post back here with the confirmation number they receive and we'll do our best to get them moving quickly.

• Volt
    Volt
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob. I'll get that done tomorrow.

• Sounds good! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.