When can we expect local vault editing again?

Sidoen
Sidoen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm not a proponent of local only storage; I love the system provided as is for my personal data.

However I have various requirements at work that dictate in non-negotiable terms that password data must be kept locally.

As such I now have two vaults, an older local vault, which I can not add to or edit, with work data and a personal vault which I synchronize across various personal and professional devices.

I would very much like to know when I will be able to utilize my local vault in a more feature rich fashion. This is a serious use case for myself and I'm sure many many others as my province is enforcing these requirements through legislation.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 3.359
OS Version: win7
Sync Type: local

Comments

• claywd
    claywd
    Community Member

pretty sure the answer is never... its not hard. They already had it working before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@claywd: If it wasn't hard, it would have been done already — by us collectively, or you or I could have done it ourselves in our spare time. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sidoen: I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I'm in the same boat (though not for work reasons). Unfortunately I don't have good news in this area right now (for either of us...) regarding local vaults in the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app. But I'll be happy to share the workaround I've been using in the mean time.

For the most part I use 1Password 6, since it can read both 1Password.com accounts and local vaults. That way I can fill whatever I need in the browser and access all of my data in the main app. But when I need to make changes to my local vault, I just launch 1Password 4 to edit (I don't have this launch at startup or leave it running). If that sounds like it might be a useful workaround in your case, just shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion, and post your Support ID here so we can help.

• Sidoen
    Sidoen
    Community Member

Presumably the support id will be emailed back to me?

• Sidoen
    Sidoen
    Community Member

Ah here we go.

support ID is [#UAD-48513-456]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@Sidoen: Found your email! We will get back to you as soon as possible. ;)

ref: UAD-48513-456

• hAmpzter
    hAmpzter
    Community Member

Does this require any other steps than to disable the startup of the 1Password 4 and the background service to get it to work?

You do not have any timeline on the local vaults feature on 1Password 6 ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@hAmpzter: Hello there! Thank you for chipping in! :+1:

If you want to use a local vault at the moment, you should download 1Password 4. Here is the direct download link.

1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our 1Password accounts for the time being and we don't have any timeframe for the local vaults support. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dbm14
    dbm14
    Community Member

@Greg I have the exact same problem (IT prohibits cloud storage on servers not owned by the company). Can I still buy a licence for 1 Password 4 for Windows? I only have macOS standalone licences so far.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dbm14, thank you for reaching out! We no longer sell standalone licenses for 1Password 4 for Windows, but please contact us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we will check what we can do for you. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dbm14
    dbm14
    Community Member

The support ID is [#ELC-51882-826].

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@dbm14: Found it! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thanks! :+1:

ref: ELC-51882-826

This discussion has been closed.