To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password Mac App Store version bought in 2013 now is in read only mode

Options
derRaab
derRaab
Community Member

I've read a couple of threads here but none of the suggested solutions worked for me. I bought 1Password back in 2013 from the Mac App Store and everything worked as expected for years, but now (at least I noticed it today) 1Password is in read only mode and want's me to buy a license.

Since I use 1Password a lot I would be glad to receive some help soon.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:read only

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@derRaab: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The only way that the App Store will validate a purchase is if you install it from the purchase history of the correct Apple ID, so you may simply need to login to the correct account and reinstall it. If you're still having trouble with your purchase, you'll need to contact Apple for assistance as we have no access to the App Store; it's owned an operated solely by them. However, if you'll send us a copy of your Mac App Store receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com, we can use it to generate an AgileBits Store license for you to use instead. Post the Support ID you receive here and we can get back to you more quickly. Cheers! :)

• derRaab
    derRaab
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I uninstalled (moved to trash, emptied trash) 1Password again, logged out from the Mac App Store, restarted my Mac, logged in to Mac App Store again, installed 1Password from it (again) and now it works again. Hm. Alright then. :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @derRaab. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.