I have made a vault with a duplicate name for my wife. How do I delete one of them?

steveschklar
steveschklar
Community Member

I have converted from single user to Family plan. In setting up Vault for my wife I made two Vaults with her same name on them. How can I delete one of those vaults

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.6.4 (664002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have made a vault with a duplicate name for my wife. How do I delete one of them?

Comments

• Hey @steveschklar! Thanks for signing up for 1Password Families :)

You can delete vaults by following these steps:

1. Sign into your account on 1password.com.
    2. Click on your account name in the top right corner and choose Admin Console.
    3. Click on the Vaults tab and click on the vault you would like to Delete.
    4. At the bottom of the vault detail page, you should find the Delete button.

Please note that this will remove the vault and all of it's contents for every family member that has access to that vault.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• steveschklar
    steveschklar
    Community Member

Do I sign into wife's account or mine to do this?

• @steveschklar good question! Sorry, I should have been more clear about that :)

You'll want to sign into whichever account created the vault in the first place. If both you and your wife are set as Family Organizers, then it doesn't matter - both account should be able to delete the vault.

Let me know if that helps!

• steveschklar
    steveschklar
    Community Member

OK. It was made on my account. I am the Organizer. Now on her computer she has two vaults: Private and Shared.
    Is this the way it should be?
    If so, then the Private vault on my computer is private to ME, and the one on her computer is private to HER?

• Hi @steveschklar - You're 100% correct! Private/Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. For example, I also have a 1Password Families account. My wife and I like to keep everything separate but we have added certain items to our Shared vault. I added my banking and medical information so she has access to this in the case of an emergency. :+1: Let us know if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help.

• steveschklar
    steveschklar
    Community Member

thanks Frank. I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

• Frank
    edited April 2017

Fantastic news! Keep us posted if you come across any additional questions, we're always happy to help out. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.