To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When in my account on the web portal, how do I do a word search in my vault to include "everything"

dhemer
dhemer
Community Member

When I'm on my device apps, I have an option to search "everything" when doing a search. How do I use that feature when I'm in my account on the web portal page?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When in my account on web portal, how do word search in vault for "everything"

Comments

• Hi @dhemer - It's nice to hear from you again. When you log into the web app, click on "All Vaults" on the homepage. You will then see a search bar to type what you're looking for... I hope this helped and keep me posted if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• dhemer
    dhemer
    Community Member

I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. In the 1Password app, I have the choice to "Search Titles" or "Search Everything." I'm looking for the "Search Everything" function on the web portal 1Password so that the search searches all words in the items.

• Hi @dhemer

Thanks for the clarification. At this point we do not have "Search all fields" available on the web.

Each item has both an encrypted "overview" which contains a small number of key fields (including the Title) and encrypted "details" which contains all of the fields and their values. To ensure things run quickly, and limit the amount that needs to be downloaded, we only download the item overviews in the web view. The item details are only downloaded when the item itself is selected so that we can show all fields. This optimization means that at present we are not able to search all fields.

• dhemer
    dhemer
    Community Member

I don't see Title as the name of any of the fields. Can you tell me which of the fields are key so I can enter some identifying words in order to search from the web portal?

• Hi @dhemer - Great question! I included an example below of the two major fields (title & url) the web app looks for when you search for an item. Let us know if this helped or if you have any further questions :+1:

• dhemer
    dhemer
    Community Member

Thanks!

• You're very welcome, anytime! :+1: I'm glad to hear that helped out. Enjoy the rest of your day! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.