"change master password" does not appear on android security settings

DennisKaiser
DennisKaiser
Community Member

Your articles explains how to change the master password on an Android by selecting "change master password" under settings then security. I don't have that on my phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change master password does not appear on android settings

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DennisKaiser: Are you perhaps using 1Password for Android with only a 1Password.com account (no local vault)? In that case, you can login to your Profile on 1Password.com and change it from there. Does that help? :)

• DennisKaiser
    DennisKaiser
    Community Member

Changing the master password on 1password.com does change it on my computer, but not on my phone. I'm not sure what you mean by "no local vault".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DennisKaiser: Local vaults are what 1Password uses without an account, though it is possible to use both together. Do you have a Primary vault in 1Password for Android? That would mean a few things:

• Your Master Password for the Primary vault will be what you use to unlock the app
    • The Primary vault is not part of a 1Password.com account, so the data saved in it won't show up there
    • Changing your Master Password for the 1Password.com account won't affect the Primary local vault, but you can change

I'm not certain that applies to your case, but I want to make sure we're on the same page. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Just post the Support ID you receive here. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.