Duo and 1Password integration issues.

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Business and Teams

Apart from having Duo conflict with Firefox with the NoScript Extension resulting in a Clickjacking alert, I have noticed, after wiping my iPhone, that Duo doesn't reflect the current iOS update. I was on iOS 10.2.1, updated to 10.3 but the Duo still shows 10.2.1. Must I delete my device after each OS update?

I am having other issues like I currently cannot disable Duo integration as I can't get back in to 1Password.com with my 1Phone as 2FA.

1Password Version: 1Password v6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Apart from having Duo conflict with Firefox with the NoScript Extension resulting in a Clickjacking alert, I have noticed, after wiping my iPhone, that Duo doesn't reflect the current iOS update. I was on iOS 10.2.1, updated to 10.3 but the Duo still shows 10.2.1. Must I delete my device after each OS update?

@wkleem: Can you tell me where you're seeing this? Do you mean in the Duo app?

I am having other issues like I currently cannot disable Duo integration as I can't get back in to 1Password.com with my 1Phone as 2FA.

I'm not sure what the solution is there. If you've enabled 2FA on your account, you'll probably need that to login (though you may be able to do so from a browser you've already logged in from recently). We don't have the ability to circumvent Duo's authentication systems. It may be best to see what they suggest.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

In the new Duo Mobile app (3.16.0.10) there is a collapsible item Security Checkup Beta. Check your device and Duo Admin : Check and user devices.

Check your devices says I'm up to date but Duo Admin : Check and user devices says out of date (Red) for 1 device.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty,
    Here is a screen capture from my Duo Admin page:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Hi

Is there any time frame to resolve the Firefox-NoScript-1Password Extension-Duo issue? It has been 2 months since the problem was highlighted.

I also would be interested to know how to get J2ME working, since Duo supports Symbian as a second factor.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I hope someone can clarify what counts towards a "Device Change"? Upgrading the device from 10.2.1 to 10.3 changed the File System from HFS+ to the new Apple File System (APFS) introduced with macOS Sierra. Besides that, it's the same phone. Only difference is that I wiped the phone and did not do an Over the Air upgrade of 600+ MB.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I am now seeing this message:

The Agilebits Discussion Forum has been unstable for me as well. It asks me to try again later but a second attempt in typing the site in the location bar usually succeeds.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I have emailed Duo Support. I hope this problem can be resolved soon.

• Our forum was having a bit of a hard time over the weekend. I'm unsure what was going on, but you aren't alone in seeing oddities.

As for the Duo clickjacking issue you mentioned when using NoScript, that's not something we can fix from our end, at least not from my understanding. Let us know what they say about it.

I'd really love for us to have our own MFA system instead of relying on Duo so that we could dig into issues more.

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

I am conversing with Duo Security support via email. I will keep the forum updated if or when there is a resolution.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

What if I am unable to pay for the Teams Pro subscription I am on now?

I am unable to get back into my account. Duo Security has been alterted to my issues. I am completely locked out of my 1Password Account and cannot check if my bill is recurring or non recurring.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. :) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

There is some urgency as I have about 4 months to go before my Teams Pro account subscription is due in August? I just hope it will be resolved in a timely manner.

• Hi @wkleem - That's a good question. If your payment fails to go through, we will try to bill you again at a later date. If that fails, then your account will lapse and become frozen. You will still be able to access your 1Password data via the apps but you won't be able to edit any of the data or access certain features. I hope this answered your question and let us know if we can help out any further.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks for the reply but I am currently locked out of 1Password.com by activating Duo Beta! See this discussion:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77288/duo-and-1password-integration-issues

I do have 4 months so there is still time to resolve the issue, hopefully.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I wonder if @jpringle, who is a Duo Security employee, can help look into the matter?

• I hope you don't mind, I merged the threads together so we can keep the discussion in one location since it's related :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

No problem. Thanks, @Frank.

• You're welcome anytime! :smile: Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon and you'll be back up and rocking 1Password Teams :+1:

• Duo does not officially provide support via these forums. I'd recommend reaching out to Duo support directly, which it sounds as though you've already done, rather than pinging their employees here.

Please feel free to update this thread with whatever resolution you end up with from Duo.

Thanks!

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks, @Ben.

• You're very welcome! I will make sure to give Ben a high-five :smile:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Another concern about lapsed accounts is whether they preserve the setting prior to the lapse or don't they?

I have issues getting in now but I have no way of knowing, if I resubscribe, whether I can sign in later. I would not want to lose my promotional subscription price, though.

There should be a way to check on the Account Payment from your end?

• @wkleem,

If you'd like to discuss billing issues specific to your account please drop us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and include your forum username (wkleem) as well as a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/365864/#Comment_365864).

Thanks!

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@ Ben: Thanks!

Side note: Apple has released iOS 10.3.1 and I think 10.3.2 is coming in a few weeks?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

@Ben,

Email sent! Support ID is [#XZC-68987-127]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: XZC-68987-127

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

No problem. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Does any one here have experience contacting Duo support? I wonder what the turnaround time is as, after some initial replies, the responses have stopped when it came to the issue I'm facing now, being locked out of 1Password.com with Duo Beta activated. I'm on Duo Basic.

• Hi @wkleem I haven't personally contacted Duo myself. It looks like they have LiveChat support, you can try to contact them there. Maybe they will have a quicker response time - https://duo.com/support (bottom right corner of the page when you scroll down). Sorry for not having a better answer for you.

This discussion has been closed.