FF Extension doesn't work

Hello,
since a vew days, teh 1password extension doesn't work in my Firefox (51.0.1).
Operating System is OSX 10.12.3
Allways opened a new Tab with this message:
Looking for the 1Password app
The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly.

Uninstall the Extension and a new Installation doesn't work.
Always ... new Tab ... Looking ....

I Think the problem Exists since i my Girlfriend used also 1 Password on another User Account but the same Computer.

Sorry for my bad English.

regards
Marco

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mweed,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the trouble with extension, I'm Matthew :-) Hopefully I can help.

The 1Password browser extension makes a network based connection to the 1Password app running on the computer. It sounds like you have the right version of the app and extension installed but the connection is being blocked for some reason. Usually the connection can fail because an Anti-Virus app is interfering with the connection. The most common one we see is the Sophos Anti-Virus package - may I ask if you have that or any other Anti-Virus running?

The second most common way it can fail is that a proxy or VPN is being used on your computer. Would you know if you have anything like that running?

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mweed
    mweed
    Community Member

Hello Matthew,
    thank you for your answer, but i have no Antivirus installed on my Mac. I have neither proxy nor VPN set up. I installed Little Snitch Software and gave 1Password all rights for incoming and outgoing connections. I do not know anymore.
    Best Regards, Marco

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @mweed,

I think the best thing to do is for us to review a diagnostic report, this link will guide you through the steps.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.