Chrome extension with IOS

Options
toobs
toobs
Community Member

Is there a way to use 1Password with Chrome on IOS? Am I missing something? When I'm using my IPad, I have to switch back and forth between 1Password app and Chrome to copy/paste my user/pass in Chrome. Is there an extension that I can use with Chrome on IOS so that 1Password will work seamlessly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @toobs,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Once you have enabled the extension in Safari it will be available in Chrome's share sheet as well:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Note that in Chrome the share sheet is not the easiest thing to find. It is much easier to find in Safari:

(Safari)

(Chrome)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben, I still need help with Chrome. I got 1Password in share sheet (for some reason 1Password is grey out), when I tap on 1Password, I get the screen to enter in my master password as usual. After I type in my master password, it shows the login credentials for the site that I want to log into, after I tap the site info in 1Password, it doesn't do anything on the site. It doesn't auto fill the login info or anything like that.

When I try the same site in Safari, (1Password is still in grey), but I have no problems logging into sites. It auto fills my info.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2017
    Options

@toobs,

Unfortunately it is unlikely that is something we can fix on our end. Chrome uses their own code for filling, whereas Safari uses our code. Are you experiencing this with all websites, or just a subset?

If this is happening on all sites please make sure you're running the latest versions of iOS, Chrome, and 1Password.

If it is just specific sites that are not filling then a bug report filed with Chrome will likely be the best way forward.

Ben

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

Just a subset of sites doesn't work.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @toobs. In that case I'd recommend submitting these sites to Chrome directly, as they handle the code for filling themselves. You can find their bug tracker here:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?can=2&q=1password&colspec=ID+Pri+M+Stars+ReleaseBlock+Component+Status+Owner+Summary+OS+Modified&x=m&y=releaseblock&cells=ids

And you can see an example issue opened by another 1Password customer here:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=521649&q=1password&colspec=ID Pri M Stars ReleaseBlock Component Status Owner Summary OS Modified

Thanks!

Ben

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I have another question for you. Is there anyway to use 1Password in the share sheet in ITunes?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toobs: Unfortunately that isn't possible. While Apple allows the 1Password extension in Safari, it has to be enabled in each individual app by its developer for this to happen. It just isn't something we can build into other companies' apps ourselves. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste.

However, I can't actually think of a case off the top of my head where I'd need 1Password in iTunes. Do you mean for the generic system-wide Apple ID login? If so, that isn't something that any apps or extensions have access to, but I can see how that might be useful if Apple allows that in the future.

This discussion has been closed.