1password hangs

Hi,

thanks to the all people who created the 1password, great software!

But, after updating to Lion on my Mac I got problem with 1Password. The software hangs when I want to close it or lock it.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve

Comments

• Hi,

thanks to the all people who created the 1password, great software!

But, after updating to Lion on my Mac I got problem with 1Password. The software hangs when I want to close it or lock it.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums.

Please try downloading a fresh copy of 1Password from our website and replacing the one in your /Applications folder with it. Your data is stored separately so it won't be affected.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

thank you!

I reinstalled the software this morning. Nothing, same problem. But I think it is not the problem with 1Password as I can see now.
    Some other aplication like Firefox start to do the same. :) So it is Lion I think.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards,
    Steve
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Steve,

If other applications are also giving you trouble, it does sound like the problem is more widespread. If you find out anything else, please let us know. I haven't heard any reports of this from anyone else yet, but it could help another Lion user down the road.
  • Hi Khad,

if I find the problem I will repport it here. But as I see now it is only 1Password and Firefox hangs. Now I use Chrome. Works very well.

Regards,
    Steve
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011

Hi Khad,

if I find the problem I will repport it here. But as I see now it is only 1Password and Firefox hangs. Now I use Chrome. Works very well.

Regards,
    Steve

Steve, if you're still having trouble with 1Password hanging, maybe the preferences have been corrupted, somehow. Could you please try this?

1. Make sure 1Password is not running.
    2. In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder (or type shift-command-G).
    3. In the space provided, type ~/Library/Preferences and then click the Go button.
    4. Locate ws.agile.1Password.plist and drag it out to your Desktop.
    5. Locate your 1Password data file. Usually it's either in the default folder (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) or in the Dropbox folder (~/Dropbox).
    6. Once you've found it, double-click it. This will launch 1Password with that data file and all default preferences selected.

If 1Password works properly now, then it's likely the plist got messed up. All you have to do now is reconfigure 1Password the way you like it (1Password > Preferences). You can also delete the ws.agile.1Password.plist file that you dragged out to your Desktop in step (4).

Please let us know how it goes!

[Edit] I was just talking to Marty, and he suggested something that also might help you. Do you have 1Password in your Login Items list, so that it is loaded every time you restart your Mac/log into your OS X account? If so, that can also cause the problem you're experiencing. Note that 1Password doesn't have to be running for you to use it (many folks hardly ever run the main application, preferring to interact with it only via their web browsers), so it's safe to remove it from that list and only run it when you need it.
  • Hi Nik, Khad and Ben! :)

Thanks for all help. I did try all, nothing help. So in the end I did find an very easy solution - reinstall the OS. Clean installation of Snow Leopard and then upgrading to the Lion. After that install all software again.

Right now all software works very well. If something will happend again of course I will repport it.

Strange!

Best regards
    Steve
  • Great! Thanks for the update. It's a bit of a 'sledgehammer' solution, but if it's what worked, well, can't argue with that. :)
This discussion has been closed.