I can no longer find 1Password on Amazon apps for Kindle. Why is this?

Sibie
Sibie
Community Member

I used to have 1Password on my Kindle Fire, but I upgraded to the latest Kindle HD8 and I can no longer find the app in the Amazon app store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can no longer find 1Password on Amazon for Kindle.

Comments

• Hi @Sibie. Thanks for getting in touch with us today!

1Password has never been available through the Amazon App Store, which is why you're not seeing it there. It's developed and tested for devices with Play Store services, and is exclusively available through the Google Play Store.

We historically distributed our beta versions through a third-party, so that may have been where you originally downloaded it. Unfortunately the app is no longer available through any third-parties. I apologize for any inconvenience.

• Sibie
    Sibie
    Community Member

I do have it on my phone via Google play so that was no issue, but the Kindle thing is weird.... I guess it may have been through third party somehow, like you mentioned. I can definitely say I will miss it on my Kindle Fire.

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry, @Sibie, but I hope you enjoy using 1Password on your other devices! :)

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

• Sibie
    Sibie
    Community Member

Thank you Brian! I love 1Password, which is why I will miss it so much on my Fire. On my MAC and Phone it works great!

• peri
    edited April 2017

I'll let the team know! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.