Clearing Clipboard by Default?

Options
eric_darling
eric_darling
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I appreciate the new feature to clear the clipboard after a pre-determined period of time. Although it's probably useful to a lot of people, I don't happen to be one of them. Because the feature clears everything in the clipboard, I am finding that other items I go to clip in that period of time are cleared automatically. This led me to losing things and having to retrace steps, without understanding why it happened.

So, my take is that the default period of time to clear the clipboard should be set to "never." I went awhile being perturbed until I figured out why sometimes I was just not keeping things in my clipboard for no good reason.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Agile Bits

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eric_darling: I'm not sure I understand. Can you give the exact sequence you're referring to? 1Password shouldn't be clearing the clipboard except for when you've copied something from 1Password itself. That's what I'm seeing, but if you're experiencing something different we'll definitely want to track down any bugs. Thanks in advance!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @eric_darling,

We only clear the clipboard as long as the clipboard content is the same as what you copied from 1Password. If you copied something else outside of 1Password, it is not going to clear it.

However, we use this feature by default in all 1Password apps on all platforms, we're not likely to change it and we didn't get any feedback that it was causing this kind of issue. It sounds like we should do better to inform users that 1Password cleared the clipboard. We'll look into using the Windows notification the first time, just in case.

This discussion has been closed.