I am uncertain where to put this Discussion (TenFourFox PowerPC).

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Lounge

There are some legacy users out there and there are software adapted to the PowerPC Macs that Mozilla has given up on a long time ago.

There is a Firefox browser implementation called TenFourFox which runs on the PowePC G3, G4 and G5 Macs.

floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

It might be worth considering for those die hard legacy users but the legacy 1Password Extension is unlikely to work on the Firefox 45 ESR that this browser is based on.

Plus the 1Password 1 and 2 versions aren't even downloadable from Agilebits servers currently.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, I'm not certain this is particularly relevant to 1Password users, given the security implications. While we're happy to help folks using older versions of 1Password any time, it's been years since I've known anyone to actually use a PowerPC Mac. And frankly at this point, because of the OS and browser situation, neither is remotely up to date with critical security fixes. Given that, I'm not sure it's reasonable to continue using something like that online, which means a browser — or 1Password — is of limited usefulness.

This discussion has been closed.