To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Vaults not migrated on adding account (iOS)

contrarycomet
contrarycomet
Community Member

Hi. I've been using 1Password for a while (purchased licenses on iOS, trial on MacOS), and just signed up for an account. On MacOS, during the signup process, I was asked if I wanted to move my existing vault to my new account vault. This did not happen on either of my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and now I have two vaults on each. How can I trigger the new account vault move/merge on my iOS devices?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @contrarycomet,

Was your data on Mac not synced with your data on iOS? I'm a little confused as to why you'd want to migrate from both. :) Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Ben

• contrarycomet
    contrarycomet
    Community Member

Oh, duh. Of course. I was thinking of the devices as discrete units, not synced. I deleted the old Primary vaults on both iOS devices and am good to go.

FYI, I had a devil of a time figuring out how to delete the old Primary vault on my MacOS just now. I didn't do it during the initial setup (out of paranoia). I finally found and unchecked Preferences->Advanced->Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts, which deleted the old Primary vault.

Thanks for your help.

• You're most welcome. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.