Can't delete entries in a froze vault?

ziggie216
ziggie216
Community Member

I tried Family, its a good product, but I don't see enough value to fully switch over from standalone at the moment. I'm trying to remove my data now, but seems like there is no option to do so for the primary vault while the account is frozen? Is deleting the whole account the only option? I would rather hold on to the account until the time is right, at the same time, I don't want my data on there. Is there a method to remove the entries?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ziggie216! Glad to hear you gave it a chance :) Deleting items is only possible when the account is active. You mentioned your Primary vault, though, and that's usually around when you have the standalone version of 1Password. You may want to go back to the standalone version, then you'll be able to add and edit items in your Primary vault. Be sure to sign out of your account once you do. You can delete the account if you don't want your data on the server anymore as well.

I'm curious, what were you looking for over the standalone version of 1Password? 1Password Families has quite a lot of great features and I'm curious which ones stuck with you and which ones weren't there that you wanted.

• ziggie216
    ziggie216
    Community Member

@Jacob I have already converted back to standalone. I was really hoping that I can purge my entries only without fully deleting the account when the account is in the froze state. Really wish I knew before that I can't even delete entries when the trial expires. I prefer to keep my account name for future use if I chose to subscribe later on.

Family does have the benefit of easy setup rather than dealing with manual setup and share with Dropbox. Other than that, there isn't a very big difference compared to standalone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ziggie216: There are a few other key benefits of a 1Password.com membership:

• Automatic offsite backup and item history
    • Web interface
    • All the apps, without having to manage license
    • Sync, without having to configure it per vault and per device

But you're right that in the case of 1Password Families, probably the main one is being able to share a vault with others without them having to set anything up — they simply login to their account on each device and it shows up along with their Personal/Private vault. Your mileage may vary, but that saves me and my family a ton of time and hassle, so it's well worth it for us...especially since they don't have to come to me for help. ;)

I'm sorry that it isn't possible to manage data in your account now that it's frozen. While you can always delete the account, you're right that it pay mean giving up the name. But keep in mind that the only way to guarantee that you keep it is by subscribing. Unfortunately we can't promise that we'll reserve names for inactive accounts indefinitely, but I'll shoot you a private message in a moment to see if there's something else I can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.