To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Notification of upcoming renewal

MDBrown
MDBrown
Community Member

I have a 1Password for Families account. It came due for annual renewal today. Fortunately, I have a reminder set so I didn't forget, and didn't experience any disruption. But I notice that I did not receive any email or in-app notification of the pending expiration. Is that because I have it set to auto-renew?

Either way, most subscription services send out such an alert a few days in advance, before the customer's credit card is charged. If that's not part of the 1Password service, please add it. Without it there's a possibility some of your customers might lose access to their data. Not a problem for me, but something you should consider.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Sounds a good idea (I'm not on AgileBits staff, so am just adding my view). Otherwise it is always possible that a charge the user had forgotten about would cause them trouble.

But I wanted to reassure people that they would not lose access to their data. They would lose easy access (Cmd-\ would no longer work), but their data can always be exported or used in other ways.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MDBrown: I agree that would be helpful. Personally, I had just assumed that I'd missed the email myself. danco is right that you won't get locked out of your data, but having a reminder could help avoid disruption of any kind. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: B5-2644

This discussion has been closed.