Can't sign in with Safari when account 1P for Teams created before December 3rd

brown_cow
brown_cow
Community Member

It's been a while since 1Password for Teams has been official, but we still can't seem to sign in using Safari. We continue to get this message: "Cannot sign in.
Accounts created prior to December 3 cannot yet sign in using Safari. We’re working on a fix, but you will need to use Chrome or Firefox for now."

Using Chrome or Firefox works, but is a pain when I'm used to using Safari for everything. Is there an expected ETA on Safari support for accounts created before December 3rd?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hey @brown_cow! Sorry about that. We had hoped to get a migration for earlier users out before the launch, but it was not destined to be. If Safari support means a lot to you, though, feel free to email us at support@1password.com and we would be happy to help you create a new account, move things over, and delete the old one. Otherwise we do still want to get a migration for folks, but it's a ways out.

• etc
    etc
    Community Member

@jacob - It's now September - has this migration been dong yet?

• Welcome to the forums, @etc! :chuffed:

Unfortunately the migration of the old accounts to support Safari proved to be quite difficult. We spent a while trying to make it work but at this point the best way forward is going to be to create a new account and migrate your data over. I'm sorry for the trouble – making things work for browsers with limited WebCrypto support required very large changes that made it difficult to migrate automatically.

Please let us know if you need any help moving your account and we'll be happy to help.

• bnpluss
    bnpluss
    Community Member

I am getting this error too. Is there a fix in the works for this? Or a way to migrate to a newer account?

• @bnpluss At this point, we'd recommend migrating to a new account that supports Safari. You can re-invite your Team Members and set up your vaults again in the new account. Here's what I recommend:

1. Set up your new Team account.
    2. Invite your Team Members and recreate the shared vaults in this account.
    3. Have each Team Member add the new account to their devices.
    4. Copy all items from their vaults on their old account to the corresponding vaults in the new account.

And you're all set with an account that uses Safari! If you have a subscription that's active, email us at support@1password.com and we'll be happy to move things over for you. :)

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member

Sorry to revive an old thread. I've just come across this issue. It's not a huge issue as we are primarily Windows based, so I don't need to go to the trouble of creating a new account, etc. But I just wondered, is an automatic migration still in the pipeline?

• @Sebby,

At this point it seems more likely that Safari will add the required WebCrypto support vs a migration on our end. Which really ultimately is a better solution anyway. :)

Ben

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben, that's great!

• No problem. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.